Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaching with Mom

I got to coteach a class with my mom tonight.  How cool is that.  Not many people can say they get to workout with their parents let alone teach a group exercize class with them.  I owe a lot of my success in the world of group fitness to my mother.  My mom has always kept herself in great physical condition.  When I was growing up I had no idea how hard she worked for her results.  I thought she was naturally thin.  I am not sure if adults can really be naturally thin.  If so I might have to beat them up.  Of course you know I am just joking,  I wouldn't really beat them up.  I would just give them a black eye.  I would have never started going to classes if it weren't for my mom.  She has always been an avid group exercizer, and strongly encouraged me to join her.  I am so happy I accepted the invitation.  That invitation has led to many adventures.  And, I am sure many adventures to come.
My mom and I do Ride the Rockies together every year.  A bicycle tour that takes you on mountain passes all over the state and can be up to 500 miles long.  We cry after we complete it each year.   The pride that you feel for being able to accomplish such a daunting feat, and the ability to do it together is so special.  The connection through sometimes blood, a lot of sweat, and mostly tears of laughter is an experience I crave year after year. 
My mom is a beautiful women.  I feel so lucky to not only share the stage with her but to share the love for fitness.  Thank you mom for the introduction to the wonderful world of group exercise. 

1 comment: