Monday, November 21, 2011

Inked

I have 3 tattoos.  I actually love all of them, absolutely no regret.
The first one I got when I was 17.  Yes, that is illegal. I am such a rebel.  I got it with my close friends in high school.  We all got the same thing, a flower on the inside of our ankle.  I think about my girl friends every time I look at it.  The second I got the day after I got married.  It was actually my husbands idea.   It was so unlike him at the time to want to do something so spontaneous and crazy so of course I tattooed his name on my derriere gladly.  The third I got on my 30th birthday.  It is a yin yang symbol on my waist.  I thought it would be wise to have the symbol of balance on my body since it is something that I constantly struggle with. It also was a celebration of the relationship I have with my husband.  I know our relationship thrives because our differences complement each other.  Honestly, I put it on my waist because I was proud of myself for maintaining my weight.  I knew I would never be heavy again.  I love my fitness lifestyle  so it was a reward of sorts for my hard work.
I love the way tattoos look.  I love the stories behind them.  I love how rebellious I felt each time I got one.  I know my skin will start to droop and the colors will inevitably fade, but the memories behind each moment are permanently ingrained.

1 comment:

  1. we still have to do an upgrade/new one together!!! maybe this summer?!!

    ReplyDelete