Sunday, January 9, 2011

Keys

So this morning my husband had to take me to go get my car.  We drove across town to go pick it up.  As soon as we got there I realized that I didn't have my keys.  Awesome.  So typical of me to do something like this.  Did I forget my lip gloss or my phone.  No way. But I had to forget the only important thing crucial to our plan. I could tell he was  a little more than annoyed with me.  Rightfully so.  So in the awkward silence I sent him an text that said.  "I'm sorry."  He wrote back, "I love you."  I responded, "Thank God."  He wrote, "you are my special lady-don't stress about a key."  I don't think he could have said anything else that could make me feel more special.  I am married to a very patient man.  I love that he has the ability to put things in perspective.  He could have chosen to be mad at me all day, but instead he made me feel more loved.  What a beautiful man I get to spend the rest of my life with.  We inevitably make a million mistakes in our lifetime.  In my case maybe a billion.  Thank God we have people in our lives to love us along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment