Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nice to meet you. My name is Trae.

I have been in a funk.  The symptoms: extreme exhaustion, lack of motivation, confusion, and frustration.  I am feeling very fortunate to have felt the funk but am ready to move on.  Why am I sharing?  Well, I think it is kind of important for me to accept the fact that it is ok for people to see me have other emotions besides just happy.  Crap.  You have no idea how hard that is for me to admit. Please don't think of this as a downer blog, in fact it is quite the opposite.  Bologna is no longer my first name. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you throw that Bologna in there just for me?

    I'm proud of you for admitting you are addicted to wearing a happy face all the time. All of those times of me saying "your face" was my gentle way of trying to get you to see the light that you didn't always have to pretend to be happy. That it is okay to feel the funk. I'm glad you finally figured out what I meant by "your face".

    I'll continue to throw it out there whenever I feel you need a reminder of this lesson. And probably at some other times too.

    ReplyDelete