Monday, January 17, 2011

Growing Pains


Baby Tanner

So my son was up last night because he had growing pains.  I spent the evening massaging his legs to try and get him to fall back to sleep.  As I listened to my son cry I couldn't help but think this is the easy part.  The growth that we experience in the physical is so painful but at least I could rub his legs and give him some motrin to help ease the pain.  I am not sure my heart will be able to handle his first love, first breakup, or our first real fight.  Sometimes I want to go back to the days where he was still pooping his pants.  I am loving the journey with my little man, but extremely intimidated by what lies ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're just jealous that he stopped pooping his pants and you haven't.

    ReplyDelete