Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bring back the leotards

Is it weird that part of me really wishes that people wore leotards, tights, and legwarmers to the gym?   I remember my mom used to have a pair of red and black zebra spandex that she would wear under her leotard and I thought she was the coolest woman on the planet.  I love that that era has a distinct recognizable look. It was so uncool if you didn't abide by the fashion standards.  You know you all double folded your jeans, flipped up your collar and wore at least two pair of different colored socks, or jellies of course.  I dress up in the old school get up every Halloween, but I am starting to think  one day I should randomly show up wearing the signature eighties look, butt floss and all to the gym.  My style is already a little out there.  You could say I dress loud.  The funny thing is, I don't think anyone would be surprised.  I am rallying for an eighties comeback!

No comments:

Post a Comment