Monday, January 3, 2011

The highlight of my day

I am wondering lately if a day will come where I don't embarrass myself. Today, I was running out of the gym to my car in the freezing cold. I didn't have my jacket on so I was in a full on sprint. Before I knew it I lost my footing and skid on my palms, and did a tuck and roll in the parking lot. I wish I could blame it on ice. Unfortunately there was no ice around me, what there was around me was a ton of new years resolution members watching my fall. One car stopped, the guy in it ran out to come to my rescue. As I watched him come towards me I quickly got up and ran the other direction, pretending like it didn't happen. He saw me in the gym smiled and just shook his head. The silliest thing was that I was more concerned about whether or not I ripped a hole in my new fancy workout jacket and pants than whether or not I had an injury. The answer is no. My outfit safely made it through the collision. And the only thing I injured was a little bit of my pride. The great thing about it though is that I haven't stopped smiling since it happened. You have to laugh at yourself. I am a gigantic clutz, but oh my gosh that was so funny. Falling on my face made my day.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff fell on ice today and it hurt like heck on his gouty ankle, but I couldn't help but smile and laugh too!! I had to apologize to him for laughing but it kind of left a smile on my face for the rest of the day at the expense of my husband!! Glad you didn't get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is too easy. I'm not blogging on this blog.
    Other then to say I wish I had been there to see it ; )

    ReplyDelete