Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ravishing

I started wearing lip stick at very young age. My grandma would always apply bright pink or purple lipstick before entering any public place. She never wore any other form of make up but would not go any where without putting on her lips. After she applied She would always allow me to follow suit. I remember feeling so special and so grown up. I am sure I was a sight to see, an eight year old with bright purple lip stick, but I felt beautiful. My grandma always made me feel like I was the most important person in the world.
This past week I came up the stairs after sleeping in late with my children to find my grandma trying to make a fire. There was dark ash all over the carpet. I was panic stricken; afraid of what would have happened if the house had caught fire. Because of this and many other incidents I have sadly come to the realization that my grandmother requires much more care than I am capable of giving. The safety of her and my babies are not worth the risk for us to continue living with her. My heart hurts.
I will always remember my grandma as a woman who loved me with all her heart. She has made a huge impression on who I am as a human being. I have learned more about life and what is truly important in the past year than I ever thought possible. I may not live under the same roof with my grandma but a piece of her will live with me forever. To this day I never go anywhere without my lipgloss, I never will. My grandma said it makes me look ravishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment