Friday, March 25, 2011

Lottery ticket

So when I was waiting in line at the grocery store to buy a lottery ticket from the new big vending machine the lady in front of me was having a hard time purchasing her tickets. She asked me if I knew what she was doing wrong. I told her it was my first time using the machine as well. She laughed, and then asked "why in the heck did you choose today, are you feeling lucky?". I told her quite the contrary, I have been feeling pretty unlucky so it only feels right that I would win the lottery to balance out the universe. She thought that was pretty funny and promised to split her winnings with me if she had a winning ticket. Funny though, she forgot to get my contact info:)
This past week, I mean month, I mean year has been quite a challenge. Our family has made a lot of sacrifices out of love. I asked my daughter if she learned anything from living with grandma this past year. She said, " I learned that it doesn't matter where you live as long as you have a roof over your head. I don't care if it is fancy. My family is where you are."
So it came to no surprise when I scratched my ticket and it revealed that I had broke even. It couldn't have been more perfectly symbolic.
I didn't need to win millions to change my view, I had already won.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm....why do your blogs keep getting better and better and mine keep getting worse?

    ps. I can tell you why you bought the lotto ticket- I've been buying them, and that's how we roll!

    ReplyDelete