Thursday, March 10, 2011

My brain hurts

I have been having to make a lot of tough decisions lately.  In each situation there is no easy answer.  No matter how you look at the situation there isn't a "good" outcome.  So I have spent a lot of time contemplating whether or not I have done the right thing.  So here is my conclusion.  There is no such thing as the "right" thing.  No matter how much time I go over different scenarios in my head ultimately the circumstances don't change. Lives change whether the coin is flipped heads up or down.  I just have to believe that every decision is meant to end in a certain outcome for the betterment of everyone involved.  Time for me to have a glass of wine:)

2 comments:

  1. One of my mottos (I have a few) has always been, there are no right or wrong paths, just different paths. Ok, obviously there are some wrong paths, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the exact lesson I have been learning! Josh and I recently decided to leave my Dad's church and attend somewhere else. I saw bad things happening with staying or leaving as well. It's so hard for perfectionists to make decisions, at least for me, because I always want to get it "right." and I very much struggled with it while I was managing Kids Club. Now i do as a mom. Anyway, thankfully not everything is always about right or wrong. Otherwise we'd probably screw up every time :) I pray for grace in your moment and for the Lord to mold you (us) in this time.

    ReplyDelete