Sunday, February 27, 2011

Party of one

This weekend a friend of mine did me a favor.  I wish more people did favors like this for their friends.  She watched my kids for me.  Not because she knew I had a special occasion to go to.  Not because it was a prearranged play date for our children to play together.  Just simply because she loved me and my children and knew I could use a break.  What a gift. There is not a day that goes by that I don't feel overwhelmed from being a mom, a manager, a wife, a caretaker, a friend, and simply just being me.  May not seem hard compared to some but I think we could all use a break sometimes. I crave alone time.  I went to go see a movie.  It was wonderful!  I got a gigantic soda, popcorn, and ice cream. Yes, I know that is not the healthiest combination.....but sometimes you have to celebrate the little things.  My personal party of one was dedicated to celebrating relaxation, friendship, and the amazing talent I got the opportunity to witness.    I feel refreshed, and rejuvenated from my mini escape from reality.  And inspired by the kindness of my dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment