Monday, February 21, 2011

Traumatized

My daughter and I went skiing again on Sunday.  She hit a tree.  I can't stop thinking about it.  She is fine, not even a bruise on her body.  Her resilience baffles me.  I on the other hand am not quite O.K. I keep reenacting her accident in my head, questioning what I could have done differently.  Playing the what if game, and thanking God that she wasn't injured.  Watching your child get hurt has got to be one of the hardest experiences a human being has to go through.  As the ski patrol carried her down the mountain on the toboggan I cried the whole way down.  By that point I already knew she was going to be alright they just wanted to be on the safe side, but I couldn't stop thinking about how awful the outcome could have been.  I am feeling very thankful right now, but definitely traumatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment