Friday, April 8, 2011

Sabotage

I hate that sometimes I forget to do things that I promise I'll do. I sends such an I don't care about you message. It is so selfish. In my case it is not that I don't care, it is my weakness of overcommitment to the point where I become overwhelmed and then I just shut down. Equally gross. Soooooooo disappointing! It is even more sick because I know I do it and still don't stop. I hate letting people down but yet I inevitably set myself up for failure. Haven't figured out yet why I continue the self sabotage. I must be getting something out of it or I wouldn't continue the cycle. Acts speak volumes, I know people are listening, I need to speak up! I wish that all blogs could be positive but sometimes I gross myself out.

1 comment:

  1. Awww sugar, I hate when I can't Google your troubles away! Hey wait, maybe I can....I found this:

    http://yourwisdom.yahoo.com/your-family/plague-overvolunteering-article-acid.html

    (I tried to copy and paste it here, but it was too long)

    So I know your problem isn't not being able to say no, so maybe you need to make a rule to yourself about what you can volunteer to do- Like a certain number of things in a certain amount of time (for example, 2 extra volunteer things per month or whatever kind of rule would work for you???

    ReplyDelete