Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A very special class

 Almost eight years ago now, I decided to make a life style change.  I gained 80 pounds during my pregnancy with my daughter Ella.  I kept the weight on for a year after her birth.  The one thing that motivated me to live a healthier life more than anything else was that I wanted to be a better role model for my children.  Yesterday, my 6 year old son Tanner attended one of my group exercise classes.  Not only did he attend the class he did extremely well.  And he took the class with joy.  He was smiling from ear to ear from start to finish and he took it very seriously.  There were moments throughout the class that I had to fight back tears.  It was such a special experience.  When I was at my heaviest I hated exercise.  I was too embarrassed to go to the gym.  I never in a million years would of thought that I would be teaching classes.  To have the ability to share group exercise with one of my kids, the very reason I chose to make a change, meant the world to me.  It truly was one of the highlights of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Tanner had awesome Sha'Bam skill too! He is a great dancer (boom boom pow!!) and I cherished his soul felt remark about music without "nasty words" before class. He is a memorable young man,

    Congratulations parents, that is what we all want for today's precious youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little dude has total natural ability in the areas of dance and coolness!

    ReplyDelete