Monday, June 27, 2011

Babies don't shave

My daughter asked me if she could shave her legs the other day. I immediately responded, NO! Then of course I have been thinking about the conversation ever since. My first thought was are you crazy! Your a baby! Babies don't shave! So I told her that my mom told me I wasn't allowed to shave until I was in the fifth grade thinking that would buy me oodles of time. When she quickly responded,cool that means I can shave next year, I was baffled. I wanted to chase the words that floated out of my mouth and shove them back in, not because I didn't want her to shave, but because I didn't want her to grow up. I have been ready and really enjoy her growth intellectually, but this momma isn't quite ready for smooth legs yet. I honestly don't think she wants to shave because she wants to attract boy attention. If anything I think she sees me doing it and has the ridiculous notion that it looks fun. Well, it's not fun! It is a pain! A pain that I know I will eventually have to give in to. Along with many other heart wrenching, wish your daughter didn't have to go through what you went through moments. Slow down sis! I am not quite ready for you to be a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment