Friday, June 24, 2011

33 going on 50:)

The other day I got mistaken for my sister-in-law to be's mother. She is 25. I regularly get asked if my mom is my sister. These are two very gorgeous human beings but I must say I feel like I am 33 going on 50. It must be because I am so mature. I know most of the people who utter these remarks are trying to pay those around me a compliment, but I think the next time they may receive a swift kick in the buttocks. How about just telling people they are beautiful without comparing them to someone else, that would be a refreshing change. Don't get me wrong, I do recognize that the women in my life look fabulous. It gives me a little hope that I will age gracefully. I know it is gross to fuss about, I know I am not unattractive. It just gets old sometimes, no pun intended:)

1 comment:

  1. I SO agree, Trae! I get that ALLLLL the time when I'm out with my Mom. "Are you sisters?" And it makes me crazy. While I know my Mom is smokin' hot - especially for a 55-year-old... it makes me reach for the eye cream.

    ReplyDelete